A different kind of wedding created just for you.
Say I Do with Toukley Celebrants
Hi, I’m Michaela
While I specialize in, and thoroughly enjoy conducting petite, intimate ceremonies such as Registry Style Weddings, Elopement Weddings, Micro Weddings and Couture Weddings, I am equally as comfortable bringing heartfelt ceremonies to life at large, gala events of up to 150 guests.
If you are looking for a celebrant who takes the time to get to know you, works with you to create your perfect, unique and personal marriage ceremony at an affordable price, don’t go anywhere else, get in touch with me today.
What Type of Wedding Do You Want?
A registry style wedding is quick and simple as it only contains the 3 mandatory non-negotiable elements of the wedding ceremony under Australian law. These cannot be omitted or changed in any way.
A typical wedding ceremony includes elements such as a ritual, music and use of a PA system. I know that everyone’s budget and dream wedding is different, so I can tailor a wedding ceremony to suit your needs and budget.
An elopement is a romantic and intimate way to tie the knot. It’s a private wedding ceremony that usually involves only the couple and a small number of witnesses. You can personalise the ceremony to make it truly unique and special to you both.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a marriage celebrant?
The short and simple answer is YES. If you are planning a civil marriage ceremony of ANY type or size, you NEED a Commonwealth Registered Marriage Celebrant.
Under Australian Law, The Marriage Act 1961 for a marriage to be legally recognized it must be solemnized by a registered Religious Minister or a registered Marriage Celebrant.
What does a marriage celebrant do?
- A marriage celebrant will make sure you are legally allowed to get married
- witness all your official paperwork
- register your paperwork and marriage with the Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriage
- work closely with you to write a personal ceremony based on you
- work closely with your venue and/or event planner
- And most importantly your celebrant will officiate your wedding ceremony.
What should I look for in a marriage celebrant?
- The marriage celebrant you choose to work with should make you feel comfortable from the very first contact
- They should be informative and knowledgeable in all aspects of The Marriage Act 1961
- They should be honest and upfront about what they are willing to do for you and how much it will cost
- They should be a good script writer
- They should be a good pubic speaker
- They should be highly professional (with a sense of humour of course)
How much does a marriage celebrant cost?
- The cost will vary depending on the location, type of ceremony, inclusions and size of the wedding
- Registry Style weddings usually start around $400 for in-office ceremonies and go up as high as $1200 depending on the celebrant
- Petite ceremonies usually start around $500 if they are held local and have no more than 10 people, including the couple getting married
- Micro ceremonies usually start around $650 if they are held locally and have no more than 20 people, including the couple getting married
- You can always negotiate additional inclusion, council permits, additional travel etc with your chosen celebrant who will always do their best to create the perfect ceremony for you within your planned budget, if possible
Do I need a Wedding Budget?
Absolutely, regardless of the type of ceremony you are planning, knowing how much you can afford to spend is extremely important. Every wedding, regardless of how big or small it is, is going to cost you money. Knowing how much you have as an overall budget will help you work out what you can include and what you cannot as well as ensuring that you are not putting yourself in a difficult financial position.
Articles & News
Your wedding ceremony is the heartbeat of your special day, the moment that symbolizes your commitment to a lifetime together. Creating a truly memorable ceremony allows you and your loved ones to celebrate your love in a way that reflects your unique relationship.
Choosing your bridesmaids is an exciting and meaningful part of the wedding planning process. These special individuals play a significant role in supporting you on your big day and throughout the entire wedding journey.
Creating a theme for your wedding adds an extra layer of charm and personality, setting the stage for a truly memorable celebration.
A well-executed theme reflects your unique style as a couple, creating a cohesive and visually captivating experience for you and your guests.
When it comes to wedding ceremonies, you need to choose between holding a religious ceremony and a civil ceremony. Both of them have their own unique characteristics and significance.
Choosing a wedding venue is one of the most important decisions you will make when planning your special day. The right venue sets the tone, provides the backdrop for cherished memories, and contributes to the overall ambiance of your wedding. With countless options available, finding the perfect venue can feel overwhelming.
For those seeking a unique and unforgettable wedding experience, saying “I do” aboard a ship or while cruising the open seas can be a dream come true.
Some Nice Words by Lovely Newlyweds
I am so pleased we had Michaela to guide us through the day because anything that could go wrong did go wrong. From the bridesmaid loosing her shoes, friends getting sick, the car not fitting through the venue gate and of course, a torrential downpour. Michaela kept S, the groom’s party and guest calm throughout the 1/2 hour delay while staying in constant contact with the event planner, musicians and my driver. I was close to tears by the time I finally got to enter but with her signature sense or humour, Michaela had me relaxed and laughing within seconds. Once we started everything went exactly how I imagined it would, it was a great day.
Michaela, you are the best
We can’t recommend Michaela enough, from our first meeting we felt so comfortable and such a reasonable price to stay within our budget. Our special day was absolutely amazing and ran so smoothly, we can’t thank you enough.
I was so nervous about getting married for the first time in my 60’s that I arrived an hour early. Michaela was so understanding and didn’t make me feel awkward at all. We had a cup of tea & a chat and by the time my husband arrived I was ready to go. If I had known just how easy and stress free it was all going to be I probably would have got married years ago.
Let’s Talk About Your Wedding
Fill out the form below if its out of hours or contact us on 0488 444 322.